View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 am

Transforming First: Better Journeys for Life..... 

Post Transforming First: Better Journeys for Life.....
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9057 as said in this thread new livery has appear. But other changes are on the way to it break or make first in 2012.

http://www.passengertransport.co.uk/201 ... -liveries/

Quote:
[ FirstGroup’s UK bus division today launched ‘Better Journeys for Life’, a new brand promise which sets out the group’s aims and plans, which will involve working more closely with all stakeholders including customers, staff and external partners.

The group says that its networks are the life blood of local communities up and down the country, where the company is not just a transport provider but also a major local business and employer. “With the current economic challenges, there has never been a more important time to work with local partners and communities to deliver the services our customers need now and in the future,” said FirstGroup in a statement.

One of the first visible signs will be a new ‘refreshed’ livery which is being rolled out on First bus fleet across the UK (excluding London) in the next few weeks. This is the first stage in the company’s fleet modernization programme which gains momentum in 2012/13.

The new livery will have a standard template, however, there will be flexibility for local teams to customize certain areas of the vehicle’s exterior to prominently show town and city names or route specific identities –fitting in with the group’s desire to provide local services for local communities.

New vehicles coming into the fleet in 2012/13 will feature not only the new livery but a range of internal changes, including redesigned interiors and leather seats.

The new local livery will progressively be rolled out as part of First’s five-year ongoing paint programme. There is some ‘fast track’ painting which will be used to highlight route developments on key bus corridors around the UK. The first buses in the new livery will be seen in places including Yorkshire, Manchester and Southampton over the next few months.

First is also developing a new blueprint for the way the business operates, which will be a key factor underpinning its strategy for sustained long term growth. The ‘Blueprint for Growth Programme’ will contain a number of key workstreams to drive improved efficiency and service quality. Local teams are designing new processes and are busy devising and implementing actions to bring the Blueprint to life.

Giles Fearnley, First UK Bus managing director, said: “Following months of preparation, we have hit the ground running at the start of 2012 and I am delighted to announce a number of exciting new projects that will make a real difference to the way First carries out its business this year and beyond

“We are all aware that we face a number of difficult challenges to the business but I am determined that First will tackle these challenges head on with bold and innovative business ideas.”

“The new livery, which allows for local identity, is just the first step in our vehicle modernization programme and is a signal that we are changing. Over the next year, hundreds of new vehicles in the new livery will enter service to benefit new or existing customers and allow us to grow the bus network.”

“Our Brand Promise shows we are committed to deliver ‘Better Journeys for Life’ by placing our stakeholders at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that some long term changes are necessary and these will take time to deliver and embed. However we know that by working in close co-operation with all of our stakeholders, and providing the necessary investment, our business will develop and grow.”

I dare say more details will soon.......

Last edited by peanutbutter on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:16 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Transforming First....better for life
So alot of our heaps are getting a new paint job soon :)

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

That livery is a mess!

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I think that livery looks very smart TBH.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Leather seats eh? They won't last five minutes in Glasgow... :lol:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 pm

DunsBus wrote:

I find them a bit pointless on the e400s . The seats are cold and you get cold feet with the air con.

'dae ye go tae the tap of the toon Central SMT?'.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 pm

A lot of the buses with leather seats at First Aberdeen have had some headrests replaced with ones in normal cloth trim.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 pm

volvodart wrote:
A lot of the buses with leather seats at First Aberdeen have had some headrests replaced with ones in normal cloth trim.

I prefer going on the normal e400s . I was on a nx coach a few years ago and you kept sliding on the leather seats.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm

DunsBus wrote:

YAWN!!!!!! :roll:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:44 pm

It's not air con you feel at your feet it's the air from outside. The Enviro 400 didn't come with air con and it looks like that was only a Savelli idea so I dont think we will see air con again. Not impressed with these Enviro 400s or Hybrids. The engines are ok it's the fact anytime I've been on one the saloon heating doesn't work and I always see them with the windows steamed up.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 am

Quote:
First’s five-year ongoing paint programme

:lol:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

madman wrote:
It's not air con you feel at your feet it's the air from outside. The Enviro 400 didn't come with air con and it looks like that was only a Savelli idea so I dont think we will see air con again. Not impressed with these Enviro 400s or Hybrids. The engines are ok it's the fact anytime I've been on one the saloon heating doesn't work and I always see them with the windows steamed up.

Aircon was also tried out by GRT, on the Merc artic, before being specified on the 14 Cityrangers and the first 25 Prismas for Grampian, 10 Prismas for Leicester Citybus, 8 Scanias for Midland Bluebird and 2 Scanias for Lowland. Certainly in the case of Lowland the aircon systems fell out of use after a year, being costly to maintain and also heavy on the fuel as the aircon was driven off the engine.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 am

The new look with First Hampshire

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33961695@N ... hotostream

Last edited by MonklandsBus on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 pm

How onearth will South east Scotland work in it. It far to long.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Did someone on this forum not spot a Gemini or two with this livery at the back of a depot in yorkshire or something a while ago? I'm sure I saw it. Anyway it's nice that it has come to fruition

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm

38notAorC wrote:
Did someone on this forum not spot a Gemini or two with this livery at the back of a depot in yorkshire or something a while ago? I'm sure I saw it. Anyway it's nice that it has come to fruition

General bus talk. Should be at the top, the thread.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm

madman wrote:

Very true , ive only been on one warm e400 and most times the windows are steamed up! ! Lets see this summer how they fare in any warm weather ! Will be my first summer in 2 years!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:12 am

It will be really interesting to read whats in that Manifesto: First ‘Better Journeys for Life – our promise’.

Quote:
First UK Bus has set out its strategy for the future in a detailed manifesto document addressed to ‘our Customers, our People, our Communities, our Partners and our Shareholders’ called ‘Better Journeys for Life – our promise’. At the same time First UK Bus MD, Giles Fearnley announced ‘a
very determined move away from all things corporate and national to local identities.’ The key message set out is that the company will be engaging more closely with all stakeholders, including customers, staff and external partners at a local level. ‘Rather than the buck sto ping in Aberdeen, the buck
will stop locally with local decisions made by local managers,’

hhe said. Speaking of the new Brand Promise, Giles Fearnley said, ‘we are comitted to deliver ‘Better Journeys of Life’ by placing our stakeholders at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that some long term changes are necessary and these will take time to deliver and embed. However, we know that by working in close co-operation with all of our stakeholders, and providing the necessary investment, our business will develop and grow.’
Within the manifesto’s pages specific commitments are made to each stakeholder group.

To customers the promises are to, ‘ensure travelling with us is a relaxing experience; care about our customers; offer value for money journeys; provide a punctual and reliable service; and listen to and act on customer’s feedback and suggestions.’ With its partners it commits to, ‘continually develop new andeffective ways of making bus travel better; align our objectives with those of our key partners; be professional, honest and realistic
when working with our partners; and to become the partner of choice.’ Going forward the key developments identified within the manifesto document include: to continue to identify opportunities to support integrated travel solutions and end to end journeys;

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 am

MonklandsBus wrote:

thats a photoshop!

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:53 am

Post Re: Transforming First: Better Journeys for Life:
First Are planning Revamps for a number of areas, with Southampton being the First area to have a complete fleet in the new livery and a overhauls bus networked from early April.

The next place for overhauled is Leeds and Manchester, who are also getting the bulk of the orders from 2012. Its unknown where the next areas shall be, but it would be not a bad bet of Norwich, Leicester, South Yorkshire and Bristol.

More details to come about Southampton overhaul soon.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 pm